SP MDT Tool is a flash app that will repair most of your mobile’s software problems. SmartPhone Multiport Download Tool successfully repairs and recovers smartphones, tablets, and featurephones. If you have just this one tool, you can get a lot of fixing up done. A reader will get a download link for the Smartphone Multi-Port Download Tool along with all the details.
It is time to become self-reliant, going to the service center to repair your device is too old school. When a plethora of information is available online, it is not difficult to fix things yourself. Just watch a tutorial video or follow a guide to see how can you fix a certain mobile software problem.
Modern technology has gifted us so many tools, that include all the repair and service tools. The market is filled with promising tools offering free or inexpensive services. Each one of them supports different phone brands. An aspiring user has to look first at what kind of services it provides to know what he is signing up for.
What is SP MDT Tool?
SP MDT is a flash tool with loads of services to provide to its users. It is quite popular among mobile users and service centers also have been using this tool for repair. So, without further ado, let us give you the required information about SP MDT Tool right away.
This tool is developed by MediaTek Inc, one of the trusted brands in the market. It allows the user to flash the scatter-based stock firmware. That’s just not it, it provides loads of other functions for devices powered by MediaTek chipsets. Besides flashing, it works to downgrade or upgrade the firmware on Mediatek devices.
It is a lightweight tool with a mere size of 18.4 MBs, over 10 versions have been released so far. This app has a user-friendly interface that displays information about each task. It is advised to use the latest version as it is updated to have all bugs and errors removed.
What are the Supported OSes?
As we have said earlier, each flashing or servicing tools are compatible with few brands, like SP MDT is compatible with MediaTek Devices. The same is the case with OSes, it works for Windows computers or laptops only.
The supported OSes are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bits). However, it is recommended to use it on Windows 7 and up.
As you know that it flashes scatter based stock/custom firmware, it is time to introduce you to its other features as well. Follow us to know more.
- Install, flash, upgrade, and downgrade stock firmware.
- Allows users to format bootloader.
- A user can install or flash any custom file on MTK devices.
- Repairs malfunctioned Androids with boot loop influenced, lag, the app crashed, or other software-related problems.
- Set the flash speed with ‘Full Speed’ or ‘High Speed’.
- You will get to delete NVRAM backup data, remove OTP lock, or format OTP.
- Simple SP MDT user interface.
How to install SP MDT?
You are welcome to follow the download link available here, it is a tried and tested link to the latest setup of the SmartPhone Multiport Download Tool.
It is a portable application available in a zip package so no installation is needed, just extract the downloaded file and run SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe. Easy installation, it is now ready to use.
How to use Smart Phone Multiport Download Tool?
Follow these steps to repair MediaTek devices.
Download the required drivers to use the SP MDT tool i.e VCOM Driver CDC Driver, and ABD Driver on the computer.
- Switch off the device and remove the battery.
- Download the stock firmware compatible with the MediaTek device model number.
- Select ‘Open Download Agent File’ by opening the File menu.
- Navigate to the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin from the SP MDT folder.
- Next, tap on the select file option, scroll down to the MTK Scatter File from the firmware folder.
- Check the box with BootRom+PreLoader COM SEL Al.
- Just a few steps more, click the select all option to kickstart the flashing process.
- Press and hold the Volume UP button to link the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once connected, SP MDT will automatically detect the device and start to flash.
- A user will see Green DL OK when the flashing process completes.
It is advised to take backup as when flashing all the mobile data will be wiped out by the tool. It is also recommended to uncheck preloader.bin before starting the flashing as it may brick the device.
Putting it all together, we laud MediaTek Inc. efforts to come up with such a tool that has made flashing easier and possible for novices as well. With some clicks here and there, your device will be good to go.
Hi, I am Sohail Akbar, Author at PC Suite I have been active in the Software world since 2010. I have done my BS in Software Development from the University of Punjab. I am working on various blogs since 2012. Since long I have been polished myself and work to share my expertise and experiences with users.
I have worked with many software developers and mobile experts. Hundred of research-based articles are Published by me on software development sites. A lot of Software Pros Quoted my work on their websites.